HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Snowfall the day after...

The day after my show opening, the snowfall was just beautiful. It was sticking to everything, even tiny branches and tall grasses. On this adventure I took back roads from Taneytown towards Mount Airy, MD... but before making it to Mount Airy, I headed towards Westminster to stop at Morgan Run.

I prefer my snow landscapes to be a bit warmer, so I shot with my white balance on 5900 Kelvins to reduce the blue hue that is cast by the sky.

Photography by Kelly Heck
Photography by Kelly Heck
Photography by Kelly Heck
Photography by Kelly Heck

Once we arrived at Morgan Run, nearly all of the snow had melted. In fact it had been a somewhat odd drive because we were continually passing sections covered in beautiful snow and then areas without one flake probably 3 or 4 times over! Long story short, I stopped photographing snow and began paying attention to the trees' details. Inspired by photographer Cedrick Pollet and his book, "Bark: An Intimate Look at the World's Trees".

Photography by Kelly Heck Photography by Kelly Heck Photography by Kelly Heck

Saturday, March 3, 2012