HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Recent Press about the Exhibit!

Photography exhibit at the Delaplaine shows beauty in ‘silence’
Originally published February 2, 2012
By Katie Crowe, News-Post Staff

One winter day in 2008, Westminster-based photographer Kelly Heck ventured out into a snow-covered field in Carroll County.

She saw a flock of geese sitting quietly in the field and ran toward them, causing them to scatter. As they did, she snapped a few shots on her digital camera, one of which is featured in her current photography exhibit, "Beautiful Silence," at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center in Frederick.

Click here to read more of Katie Crowe's article at www.fredericknewspost.com...


Westminster photographer chronicles snowy Carroll landscapes in exhibit

Originally posted January 29, 2012
  By Brandon Oland, Times Staff Writer

When significant snow is in the forecast, travel authorities warn motorists to stay off roads and head indoors until the storm ends.

Photographer Kelly Heck, of Westminster, does the opposite. She goes outside to see what she can find while the snow is still falling.

The results of Heck’s journeys through ice and snow are part of “Beautiful Silence,” a new photography exhibit on display at The Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center in Frederick through March 25.

Click here to read more of Brandon Oland's article at www.carrollcountytimes.com...




I've also been fortunate enough to have my Press Release published in other local papers and I hear I was mentioned on the KEY 103 radio station in Frederick, MD! I am so appreciated of all the support that my friends, family and community have shown me! Thank you all so much for your love! Thank you especially to Katie and Brandon for the one-on-one interviews - your articles were very nice and I appreciate the time and effort you put into your articles!

Anyone interested in attending the reception this Saturday, February 4th, from 3-5pm, please feel welcome to check out the event page on Facebook and RSVP. Tomorrow (Friday), my mom Susie and I will be making a really yummy dessert to share with the guests... I tell you what, they are awesome, but I will not tell you what they are, just in case they all get eaten up (by myself) before you make it. I'd hate for you to be sad. :-)

Thursday, February 2, 2012