HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Personal Enrichment at Carroll Community College

As some of you may know, about a year ago I became an adjunct faculty member at Carroll Community College. My first class in the Continuing Education department... and it was quite a learning experience and I wasn't sure if I would talk on the challenge again. But this past fall I was requested to teach two more classes in Cont. Ed. (Web Design & Photoshop Elements) and it went SO great. I really enjoyed it and my students did too. I was so flattered by the compliments I received in my reviews.

Now that I have been approved to teach in the Personal Enrichment department and I have some of my first photography courses coming up:

Introduction to Wedding Photography
Wedding photography is a huge responsibility. As a budding entrepreneur, emerging photographers must prepare themselves and their clients for the wedding event. Experience, a strong portfolio, attractive marketing materials, solid contracts, quality equipment, insurance, an organized approach and a professional mindset are a must and will be discussed in class. Students are welcome to bring their equipment and questions for open discussion. Must have experience with film or digital SLR camera. Instructor: Kelly Heck
Cost: $33 (MD Senior Adults: $33)
Course #: XXZ-104-A3
Sat., Jan. 28, 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Washington Road Campus, Rm. T317

Beyond the Snapshot
Point! Shoot! And Presto!...great pictures! Or so you thought. Operating your camera was supposed be easy, but you need help. Learn the difference between the Auto and Program settings and why the photo turned out too dark. Examples of everyday photo situations are given to show how to use the automatic settings. Bring your digital camera and manual to this hands-on class. Prerequisite: Operating a Digital Camera Instructor: Kelly Heck
Cost: $79 (MD Senior Adults: $79)
Course #: XXZ-477-A3P
Wed., Feb. 8 - 29, 7:00 - 9:00 PM (4 sessions)
Washington Road Campus, Rm.T317

I will be teaching Beyond the Snapshot again in May of this year.

Click here to download the full Personal Enrichment class schedule for Winter/Spring, 2012.

Register by Phone, Fax, Mail, or on the Web · 410-386-8100 · www.carrollcc.edu

You can LIKE Personal Enrichment on Facebook - I was thankful to see that they posted a status update about my upcoming exhibit opening, "Beautiful Silence" - click to RSVP for on Facebook.

Thursday, January 19, 2012