HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Competitions & Limited Editions

Recently found out I was accepted into the juried professional photography exhibit with The Delaplaine in Frederick, MD. I will be preparing one piece to hang in the show from my "Beautiful Silence" series. I'm very excited about starting to show this body of work because it is going to be my first limited edition.

After researching best practicies when creating limited editions, I found there isn't much information out there. I found little articles and reference, but no solid set of suggestions to really set one at ease (at least one that is very much into detail). I contacted Lisa Robinson, well know for her work "Snowbound", and she was so kind and helpful in her response, sharing what she has learned and what practices she follows when preparing her limited editions. I think with her input and other professionals, I might consider putting a general but still detailed reference together covering the many trends of photography limited editions.

I've also entered my Bird Series and 5 individual portraits into FotoWeek DC.
If you would like to vote for my images, click the link below:
http://www.fotoweekdcawards.org/bin/Rate?searchphotographer=kelly+heck&search=photographer

Wednesday, September 8, 2010