HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Session with Emily

Emily joined me this past Sunday for a sunset shoot in Westminster, MD. She asked that I locate a meadow and I chose a lovely one just outside of downtown Westminster. It was just behind private property, so I asked permission earlier in the week and when we pulled up on Sunday, there was much more family there. One of them looked so familiar, a woman that lived there, and I find out she is a Baugher! It's significant to me because I used to work at Baugher's Bakery/Orchard back when I was in high school. To make a long story short, it's a small world and there are connections everywhere. Use them!

I feel like my style is always slowly morphing. There are so many photographers I look up to. When shooting, I am following my heart. When I'm post processing, I am thinking about the many artists I look up to. I think it is a great combination for growth and experimentation.

Ramble ramble ramble... here is one of my faves, I hope you enjoy! :-)

Photography by Kelly Heck

Monday, August 30, 2010

3 responses to Session with Emily

  1. Anonymous says:

    Great shots Kelly!

  2. Serena says:

    Love the location and lighting! =)

  3. Wow, way to take advantage of the Golden Hour! There's something about the buttery warmth and glow of the light that I find really remarkable, especially in the first image. The lighting coupled with the soft focus in the background and the sharp gaze of her eyes makes it all the more stunning.

    And I like what you said, "When shooting, I am following my heart. When I'm post processing, I am thinking about the many artists I look up to." I couldn't have said that any better. :-)