HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


So many lenses to decide between!

I am always looking into buying another L-Series Lens. I have a Canon 24-70mm L-Series and love it. But I want to see YOUR WORK! What lens do you use and why do you love it so? Post a link to one of your favorite images and say why that lens was just the perfect choice.

I love the 24-70 because it's right in the middle of the ranges I like most. It also makes me get close to my subjects - at 24mm I can get so close and still capture so much in the image. I do however feel sometimes that I want a lens especially for portraiture.

So share your images and your experiences with favorite lenses!

Friday, July 9, 2010

2 responses to So many lenses to decide between!

  1. Hey Kelly,

    So my all time favorite lens to use is my Nikkor 50mm f/1.4. I really only use this for personal stuff/portraits/conceptual stuff, only because its hard to be run and gun with a lens that doesn't zoom at all. But the control of the DOF is what I really truly enjoy.

    I don't really consider myself much of a run and gun type of guy. I really like to plan my shoots out if possible and I do own a 24-70 2.8 and a 70-200 2.8 but I am hoping to save up some money and throw down on a 20mm and a 85mm prime lens (f/1.4 or f/1.8).

    Here is my example:

    http://www.morganeddington.com/gallery2/NO1.html

    I shot these portraits in New Orleans (and a lot of others on the site) and it was all with the 50mm. Also, the 50mm is what I shot with the last 2 years of college, over other lenses.

  2. Lee says:

    I'm a huge fan of 50mm lenses. I first played with my friend's Olympus 50mm f/2, then decided that I absolutely had to have one for my Nikon. the f/1.4 is amazingly awesome, but I could only afford the f/1.8, which was perfectly fine in my book.

    It's by far my sharpest and quickest lens, and it made me have to stop and really think about composition since I couldn't zoom.

    I use this thing for just about everything, from portraits to random things to create nightmares, like this one:

    cicadas!

    I'm still in the market for an awesome telephoto lens, though. :)