HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


OneLight Mixer in Washington DC

Last Tuesday I found out about a get-together in Washington DC that was last night, thanks to my friend, Tara Parekh. Zack Arias is traveling with his family teaching his OneLight Workshop in major cities. This weekend he's sharing his knowledge in DC. Fortunately for me, I was able to make it to the mixer, which was open to the public. Tara and I went together and I had the pleasure of meeting Zack and his talented wife, Meghan (who is an excellent singer and pianist).


It was so fun hanging out with all these great photographers and the many friends I ran into. Two excellent performances, including Meghan (you can find her music under the name Meghan Coffee) sweetened the air.

Meeting Zack was personally exciting because his work motivated me to create the body of portraiture on my website, the same type of work I continue to pursue personally and professionally. I wonder what I would be working on if I had not invested in the OneLight DVD because I had always been hesitant to shoot people... now it is all I want to do!

To view Zack's work, you can go to his website at http://www.zackarias.com/ or to his blog at http://www.zarias.com/.

Friday, July 2, 2010

One response to OneLight Mixer in Washington DC

  1. Cool event and I love the new website!