HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Jill Greenberg :: The Manipulator

Jill Greenberg is an amazing photographer focused in commercial and editorial photography. I love all of her work, but am especially dazed by her many photos of animal celebrities! Please click here to look at her work, it is amazing.

Here are a couple of her bear photographs from her series entitled Ursine - just spectacular! I think I would pee my pants from the combination of excitement and fear. In an interview I found online Jill says "It’s a lot of sitting and waiting. Waiting for them to make a face. Taking tons of shots, whether it’s film or digital, and picking one that looks like they’re saying something funny." (Click here to read more of the interview.) This is my kinda girl - looking for an interesting, quality shot.


The topic of "bears" was suggested by Scott Davis. Always looking for your input! Give me an appropriate topic of interest and I'll write a photography post about it.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5 responses to Jill Greenberg :: The Manipulator

  1. I'm supposed to be working with her this summer... buuttt there may be some issues about getting there..

  2. Kelly Heck says:

    Jessica that is amazing! Get that ride in order!

  3. Thanks for sharing! Are these done in HDR? The clarity is amazing -- you can see just about every fur strand!

  4. haha my car broke down last week and took all my money.. so i'm going to need like... everyone of my prints to sell this weekend in our senior show and Alexander Ink! haha.. uhh.. but i'm in good with the studio manager so maybe we could work something out for a later date.

  5. Kelly Heck says:

    My guess is definitely no HDR, but really great equipment and post processing software.