HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Project from the past - PHOTOSHOP GLORY!

Digital recreation by Kelly HeckSon of Man

While going through my old photos to organize my files I ran across this project I did in early spring of 2007 for my Digital I class with Professor Melinda Hurst Frye. She was an awesome teacher in the photo department at Savannah College of Art and Design and now she lives in Washington.

Anyway, I wanted to share the project with you to show how much fun I have with Photoshop! The set above shows the original Son Of Man and the one I made from scratch. Everything I used started out as a photograph, all of which I took in Savannah. I put the images together in Photoshop and altered them with filters and the paint tool and many others to try and match the layout, colors and textures of the original piece of art.

Photograph by Kelly Heck

And wow - this was over 2 years ago! Just IMAGINE what I could do now (I like to think I'm modest).

In this project (left) during the same course, we had to take a photo with multiples of the same person, so I used myself in my first dorm room. It was really fun and pretty easy to stitch together. (And yeah, I had hair back then.)

Friday, December 18, 2009

2 responses to Project from the past - PHOTOSHOP GLORY!

  1. The girl with hair doesn't look as sexy as you do!

  2. Jessica Flax says:

    Wow, I remember seeing this photo before on your Facebook but I never realized that they were all you. Awesome!