HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


FOTOWeek DC

FOTOWeek DC is coming up this weekend through the next (in Washington D.C.). I finally looked at some of the events going on and decided to register and I'll be attending a 5 hour workshop on Fashion Photography and I'm on a waiting list for a 2 1/2 hour workshop/lecture on Food Photography. I'm really excited about both, especially to see what pros in the DC and Baltimore areas are doing. I hope I can get into the Food Worshop - it's limited to 10 students, so it seems it will be really hands-on and informative.

There will be several exhibition openings and portfolio reviews and dozens of lectures and workshops (some are free, some are not). There's even an over-night competition going on that will be reviewed by professionals and each participant will get to display one of their images - very tempting, but I don't think I want to be out and about, alone in the city taking photos with my super expensive camera! Maybe I can weasle someone into going with me. Besides the two workshops I've signed up for, I'm not sure what else I will be participating in, but I'd like to see if there are vendors set up anywhere.

If anyone is going that I know, give me a call or send me an email - I'd love to run into friends!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009