HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Photographer's Direct


I just learned about Photographers Direct from a LinkedIn Group discussing a photo stock company. This stock company is located in the UK and it looks pretty cool. Does anyone have experience with this place?

I'm going to look into it further and post my findings. It looks like anyone can try, too. To join Photographer's Direct, you must submit your work for review via your website. I was accepted and have begun receiving image requests and am in the process of uploading my work for sale. It's a timely process, but hopefully it will be worthwhile.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 responses to Photographer's Direct

  1. Andrew says:

    Hi Kelly,

    how did you make out with Photographersdirect? has it been a positive experience??

    Thanks...Andrew

  2. Kelly Heck says:

    Andrew,

    I didn’t have success – I was very motivated by the idea and put a good amount of work up, but I felt that my work wasn’t right for the company. For example, clients put in requests for very very specific images usually that are like ‘man climbing mountain in Southern Germany with teddy bear in hand’ (slightly over-done example). I did have one person contact me but he basically had no budget, so it didn’t work out. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you – give it a try!

  3. Hi ! So ? Did you sell anything by photographer direct since 2009 ?

    I've just joint it so i'm very interrested by you're experience .

  4. Kelly Heck says:

    Hi Mercier! At this point I had forgotten about photographer's direct. I got nothing from it. I think one person reached out to me and we did not settle on a deal. I have been thinking about trying istock or something... any thoughts on that?

  5. I'm only on photographer direct , so i don't know about istock , getty image etc..
    However , Good Luck !