HOME | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | FOLLOW


Competitions/Awards

Click here to ENTER the PDNedu Student Competition
Last year I entered the PDNedu Student Competition. Three of my pieces were published from my bird series, and you can see on the image to the right that they are publicizing the 2008 competition with my photo. This is a great contest to enter because this magazine is sent all over the country.

I also entered my photos in the CPOY (College Photographer of the Year) around the same time and won a place in the 2007 competition with my "Red Bellied Woodpecker" (the image highlighted on the PDNedu Website. You can read about my award here or go straight to the CPOY Website to learn more about the competition and view the current winners. I went to the awards ceremony and was surrounded by today's active photographers of the NY Times, National Geographic, Magnum, and many other worthy publications and agencies. The work on display was very inspiring and I met some great photojournalists.

It's strange to see the winners non-winners of art competitions, especially photography because it entails such a broad variety of work. In the end you just have to keep putting your work out there and eventually you will be recognized. You can learn more about my Bird Series: It's Not Because I'm Beautiful on my website. Click here to read the poem and artist statement that explains the work.


Here are some of my competition publications. I won 2nd in the PDNedu competition and was used the following year to advertise the contest and I got the cover of the Savannah College of Art and Design photo department publication, "Silverworks". Pretty exciting!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008